Electronics manufacturers face the challenges of assembling complex, repetitive products, dynamic production environments, and a competitive marketplace. Many of their products consist of multi-level intricate bills of material, with thousands of components. Managing high inventory levels is key, while maintaining a competitive advantage.
Because of the ability to integrate all functionality within the organization, from accounting and manufacturing, to inventory and purchasing, ERP systems enable electronics companies to decreased lead times and increase on-time delivery, shorten cycle times and increase inventory turns.
Microsoft Dynamics AX offers these, as well as the features of project management and reporting, field service and technical support functionality, and the ease of use of Microsoft navigational tools.
- Benefits of ERP for the electronics industry include:
- Ease of use
- System scalability
- Functional integration
- Detailed MRP analysis
- Vendor management reporting
- Quality control for all components and finished products
- Dynamic product costing capabilities
- Supplier forecasting and trend management
- Real time inventory position visibility